March 9, 2012
1330 Industrial Blvd. (across from the MDA)
Registration and continental breakfast
8:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Please indicate below if you would like to receive a complimentary box lunch.
1. Welcome from the MDA President: Dr. Michael Zakula
2. Legislative Update: Dr. Matt Anzelc
3. School of Dentistry Update: Dr. Sheila Riggs
4. When Pain is in the Brain: Dr. Kimberly Harms (3 Core Credits)
What's a dentist to do? Many of our most difficult office dilemmas are ultimately caused by grief, loss, emotional instability and depression. Dr. Kim Harms will discuss how to treat patients whose real pain is suffered on the other side of the maxilla. She will cover the stages of grief and mourning and how to recognize and help patients (and staff) with multiple emotional needs. She will also discuss the dental ramifications of anti-depressant, anti-anxiety medications, and prescription pain medications.
5. District, Committee and Specialty Association News
6. Membership Forum