CDS Mission: CDS is an independent, non-profit agency dedicated to improving the oral health of children from families with low incomes by providing accessible treatment and education in our diverse community since 1919.
Provide skilled preventive care to children and pregnant women, in compliance with the Dental Practice Act and the policies and procedures of Children’s Dental Services.
• Provision of all basic dental hygiene services.
• Review patient chart for periodontal history; review patient health history prior to providing any treatment.
• Function under indirect supervision of the dentist.
• Take radiographs as prescribed by dentist.
• Observe, evaluate and apply knowledge of dental hygiene skills to the patients.
• Work cooperatively with the dental team, providing care in that setting.
• Accurately report and record patient information.
• Provide individualized oral hygiene instruction to each patient.
Minimum Hiring Specifications
Graduate of an accredited dental hygiene program. Currently licensed in the state of Minnesota. Minimum of 2,400 hours in active practice of clinical dental hygiene in the past 18 months, or a career total of 3,000 hours of clinical dental hygiene experience. Public health experience preferred. Work requires travel to various clinical locations within Iron Range area.
636 Broadway Street NE
Minneapolis, MN 55413