Perform a variety of technical duties to assist hygienist and dentist in the preparation and treatment of children and pregnant women; perform related duties involved in the care.
• Deliver and set up equipment at the various work sites around the International Falls area.
• Track patients, verify insurance, greet patients/families and process dental records as required.
• Assist in the dental treatment of patients to include seating patients, providing hygienist with instruments and equipment; chart examination and treatment results on patient’s dental record.
• Clean, sterilize and assemble instruments, supplies and equipment required for specific dental procedures.
• Record treatment results on patient’s dental record; instruct patients in the care of teeth and appliances; provide instructional materials as required.
• Maintain constant communication with Minneapolis Headquarters clinic to provide information and updates regarding care provided to International Falls patients
• Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Work requires the ability to assist a hygienist and dentist in examining and treating patients. Must be able to lift at least 80 pounds. Knowledge of HIPPA preferred. Applicant without dental education or training will be trained to assist, but background knowledge of dentistry helpful. Work requires travel to various clinical locations within the International Falls area-must have own transportation.