Hennepin County, the largest urban county located in Minneapolis, Minnesota is leading in transforming the delivery of client services. By putting the customer first, Hennepin County employees work every day to achieve our mission, vision and goals. We strive to improve our services through proactive, innovative public stewardship. Join us as we enhance the health, safety and quality of life to communities.
NorthPoint Health and Wellness Center is a state-of-the-art, multicultural, community health center. The 40 employees of this patient-focused dental clinic serve a diverse, urban, and underserved client population. The mission of NorthPoint, located at 1313 Penn Avenue North in Minneapolis, is “partnering for a healthier community”.
NorthPoint Health and Wellness Center seeks a full-time Dentist to work in its busy, fast-paced dental clinic. This position will primarily be dedicated to providing care to patients under the Hennepin Health insurance plan. It will involve working with a team that includes a dedicated dental hygienist, two dental assistants, and a community health worker. Candidates who are looking to serve in a Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA) will be pleased to know that NorthPoint’s score is 23. Health care providers that help underserved communities (HPSA) are eligible for scholarship and loan repayment programs. Work hours for this position are 40 hours per week with a rotating Saturday schedule.
Best Qualified Candidates will have:
• Graduated from a school of dentistry with a DMD, DDS, or equivalent dentistry degree as determined by the Minnesota Board of Dentistry for Licensure.
• A valid license to practice dentistry issued by the state of Minnesota Board of Dentistry.
• Current registration with the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) to administer and prescribe controlled drugs.
• Experience using Dentrix or other electronic dental record systems; experience as a dentist in a community health clinic is highly desirable; experience treating pedodontic patients is desirable.
• Ability to respect, appreciate, and promote teamwork among diverse co-workers and patients.
To view the complete online posting and to apply, visit www.hennepin.jobs. The position will be opened until filled, and may close at any time.
Contact information: Susan Hang, Susan.firstname.lastname@example.org