Hennepin County Medical Center seeks a part-time (.60 FTE), benefits eligible, Advanced Dental Therapist (ADT). This is a 3-year, grant funded position. Hours will be 8:00 – 4:30 three (3) days per week in our Coordinated Care Clinic.
• Performs dental services as authorized within scope of practice as outlined in Minnesota Statute, and within the parameters of the collaborative management agreement which is to be reviewed annually
• May dispense and administer the following drugs within the parameters of the collaborative management agreement and within scope of practice: analgesics, anti-inflammatories, and antibiotics
• May supervise dental assistants to the extent permitted in the collaborative management agreement and is limited to supervising no more than four registered dental assistants or non-registered dental assistants at any one practice setting.
• An Advanced Dental Therapist who has dual licensure and holds a current license in dental hygiene may also perform those procedures and provide care.
• Master of Science in Advanced Dental Therapy from an education program affiliated with an accredited school of dentistry
• 2000 hours of clinical practice as a dental therapist
• Successful completion of the MN Board of Dentistry’s qualifying exam and case presentations
• Current license by the Minnesota Board of Dentistry to practice as a Dental Therapist
• Completion of certification as an Advanced Dental Therapist (ADT)
Positions at Hennepin County Medical Center are credentialed through the Office of the Medical Staff in accordance with its policies.