Thinking of owning your own practice? Or maybe you are up and running but just need some advice? The Minnesota Dental Association is excited to announce the Dental Entrepreneurial Webinar Series. This webinar series from the MDA is intended to be a practical look at dental practice ownership and what you need to know.
The webinars will be held on Thursday evenings from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., starting on February 4 and going through April 29. If you’re unable to attend the live webinar, they will all be recorded and available to view afterwards.
Date: Thursdays, starting February 4 – April 29, 2021
Time: 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Registration Fee: MDA member $25.00; ASDA Dental Student Member $25.00; Non-member $845.00; Non-ASDA member $100
- General Business Operations
- February 4 – An Overview of Entrepreneurs and Entrepreneurship – Kim Harms
- February 4 – Startups/Forms of Ownership, Business Entities, Understanding Associateships with Buy-In Options, Becoming a Practice Owner, Transition (Sole Practitioner or Partner) – Hillary Becchetti (Pine Lake Law Firm)
- February 18 – Lease/Real-Estate Considerations – Jaime Smith (Carr Healthcare Realty)
- February 25 – Accounting – Noah Vannevel & Robyn Murray (Lurie)
- March 4 – Financial Planning/Long Term Benefits of Practice Ownership-Marshall Gifford (Gifford Financial)
- March 11 – Practice Financing – Dave Dahler (Bank of America)
- March 18 – Insurance Needs once you are a practice owner/Bank Requirements – Nels Dyste (Dyste Williams)
- Regulatory Compliance
- March 25 – Regulatory Compliance (DEA, PMP, HIPAA, OSHA, IC, AwDA, 1557) – Carmelo Cinqueonce (Minnesota Dental Association)
- April 1 – COVID-19 Impact: Ask the Panelist: (Hillary Becchetti, Carmelo Cinqueonce, Majda Hodzic, Robyn Murray)
- April 8 – Understanding the Current Healthcare Landscape (HMO, MCO, PMAP, PPO, MA etc.) – Carmelo Cinqueonce (Minnesota Dental Association)
- Practice Management
- April 15 – Decoding the Algorithm: Social Media Marketing that Converts – Minal Sampat
- April 22 – Practice Management 101 – Grab the low hanging fruit within your practice (plus credentialing tips)- Shannon Snell (Dental Consulting Company)
Registration includes: CE credits, access to all the webinars and resources of information to get you started on what you need to know about owning and running your own business.
“I learned information that I’ve never heard or read about before this program, each presenter had something that really was eye opening in the world of owning a practice.” – Maxwell Cory
“I’m not usually one to devote my entire Saturday to an academic conference like this, but I would 15/10 recommend it to any student mildly interested in dental entrepreneurship. It was so interesting and helpful, I feel so much more prepared and less intimidated about starting a dental practice in the future!” – Cheyenne Beckelman
“I wish I had this Boot Camp right out of dental school! I think everyone that is 1-2 years out of dental school needs to go to a Boot Camp like this!!! Greatly exceeded my expectations.” – Scott Schmidt
This series is now closed.