THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELED.
Thinking of owning your own practice? Or maybe you are up and running but just need some advice?
The Minnesota Dental Association is excited to announce the Dental Entrepreneurial Boot Camp. This course from the MDA is intended to be a practical look at dental practice ownership and what you need to know.
Date: Saturday, May 16, 2020
Time: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Location: Best Western Plus St. Paul North/Shoreview
Registration Fee: MDA members $100.00; Students $50.00; Non-members $845.00
*Students will be refunded their $50 registration fee once they complete the seminar.
- General Business Operations
- An Overview of Entrepreneurs and Entrepreneurship – Kim Harms
- Startups/Forms of Ownership, Business Entities, Understanding Associateships with Buy-In Options, Becoming a Practice Owner (Sole Practitioner or Partner) – Hillary Becchetti (Pine Lake Law Firm)
- Lease/Real-Estate Considerations – Tyler Van Eps (Carr Healthcare Realty)
- Financing – Dave Dahler (Bank of America)
- Valuations, Accounting, Taxes, Basics of Practice Profitability – Robyn Murray (E.T. Kelly & Associates, LLC.)
- Insurance Needs – Nels Dyste (Dyste Williams)
Benefits of MDA, ADA and Local Dental Association Membership/Peer Review Process – Dr. Kim Harms
- Regulatory Compliance
- Legal and Regulatory Compliance (DEA, PMP, HIPAA, OSHA, IC, AwDA, 1557) – Carmelo Cinqueonce (Minnesota Dental Association)
- Understanding the Current Healthcare Landscape (HMO, MCO, PMAP, PPO, MA etc.) – Carmelo Cinqueonce (Minnesota Dental Association)
- Practice Management
- Marketing Strategies/Social Media -Minal Sampat
- Human Resource – Dr. Mary Shipp
- I.T. and Business Reports – Mr. Josh Erceg (Henry Schein)
- Round Table Discussion
- “Words of Wisdom” – Video of Mature Dentists Giving Advice to New Dentists
Registration includes: Breakfast, lunch, CE credits, and a resource binder of information to get you started on what you need to know about owning and running your own business.
“I learned information that I’ve never heard or read about before this program, each presenter had something that really was eye opening in the world of owning a practice.” – Maxwell Cory
“I’m not usually one to devote my entire Saturday to an academic conference like this, but I would 15/10 recommend it to any student mildly interested in dental entrepreneurship. It was so interesting and helpful, I feel so much more prepared and less intimidated about starting a dental practice in the future!” – Cheyenne Beckelman
“I wish I had this Boot Camp right out of dental school! I think everyone that is 1-2 years out of dental school needs to go to a Boot Camp like this!!! Greatly exceeded my expectations.” – Scott Schmidt