Registration is now closed for this event.
Thinking of owning your own practice? Or maybe you are up and running but just need some advice?
The Minnesota Dental Association is excited to announce the Dental Entrepreneurial Boot Camp. This brand new course from the MDA is intended to be a practical look at dental practice ownership and what you need to know.
Date: Saturday, May 18, 2019
Time: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Location: Marriott Delta Hotel, Minneapolis
Registration Fee: MDA members $75.00; Students $50.00; Non-members $845.00
*Students will be refunded their $50 registration fee once they complete the seminar.
- General Business Operations
- An Overview of Entrepreneurs and Entrepreneurship – Kim Harms
- Startups/Forms of Ownership, Business Entities, Understanding Associateships with Buy-In Options, Becoming a Practice Owner (Sole Practitioner or Partner) – Hillary Becchetti (Pine Lake Law Firm)
- Lease/Real-Estate Considerations – Tyler Van Eps (Carr Healthcare Realty)
- Financing – Robert Borcherding (Wells Fargo Practice Financing)
- Valuations, Accounting, Taxes, Basics of Practice Profitability – Ron Barthell & Robyn Murray (Baker Tilly)
- Insurance Needs – Nels Dyste (Dyste Williams)
Benefits of MDA, ADA and Local Dental Association Membership/Peer Review process – Dr. Kim Harms
- Regulatory Compliance
- Legal and Regulatory Compliance (DEA, PMP, HIPAA, OSHA, IC, AwDA, 1557) – Carmelo Cinqueonce (Minnesota Dental Association)
- Understanding the Current Healthcare Landscape (HMO, MCO, PMAP, PPO, MA etc.) – Carmelo Cinqueonce (Minnesota Dental Association)
- Practice Management
- Marketing Strategies/Social Media -Minal Sampat
- Third Party Contracting/Third Party Billing/General Billing – Dr. Mary Shipp
- Round Table Discussion – Human Resources, Employee Relationships/Employment Law, Ancillary Services Needed (IT and Software Needs, Waste Management, Debt Collection, Insurances), Equipment Needs, Payroll, Conflict Management – Mary Shipp, Dr. Kim Harms, Hillary Becchetti, Ron Barthell (Baker Tilly), Robyn Murray (Baker Tilly), Josh Erceg (Henry Schein), Minal Sampat, Rob Borcherding, Tyler Van Eps, and Nels Dyste
- “Words of Wisdom” – Video of Mature Dentists Giving Advice to New Dentists
Registration includes: Breakfast, lunch, 7 CE credits, and a resource booklet of information to get you started on what you need to know about owning and running your own business.