The Southern District Dental Society was originally organized on January 15, 1886 as the “Southern Minnesota Dental Society.” Membership in the early Southern Minnesota Dental Society came from across the state of Minnesota. Dated 1902, the earliest membership roster boasted forty-six members.
Later, in 1914, this Society, as part of the Minnesota Dental Association, became known as the “Southern District Dental Society” covering 21 counties in southern Minnesota.
Presently, the Society includes 19 counties divided into four jurisdictions:
Southern Jurisdiction: Pipestone, Murray, Rock, Nobles, Jackson, Martin, Watonwan, Cottonwood
Northern Jurisdiction: Lincoln, Lyon, Redwood, Brown, Yellow Medicine
Eastern Jurisdiction: Nicollet, Sibley, LeSueur, Waseca, Faribault
Central Jurisdiction: Blue Earth