Dental Entrepreneurial Program
Thinking of owning your own practice? Or maybe you are up and running but just need some advice? The Minnesota Dental Association is excited to announce the return of our Dental Entrepreneurial Program. This program is intended to be a practical look at dental practice ownership and what you need to know.
Date: Saturday, May 7, 2022
Time: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Location: Best Western Plus, 1000 Gramsie Rd., Shoreview, MN 55126
Registration Fee: MDA member $75.00; ASDA Dental Student Member $50.00*; Non-member $845.00
*Students are refunded $50 once meeting is attended and completed.
8:00 a.m.–8:30 a.m.
Welcome from MDA President – Dr. Amber Cziok
8:30 a.m.–9:45 a.m.
- GENERAL BUSINESS OPERATIONS
- 8:30–8:45 – An Overview of Entrepreneurs and Entrepreneurship – Dr. Kim Harms (Pine Lake)
- 8:45–9:15 – Startups/Forms of Ownership, Business Entities, Understanding Associateships with Buy-In options, Becoming a Practice Owner (Sole Practitioner or Partner) – Hillary Becchetti (Pine Lake)
- 9:15–9:45 – Lease/Real-Estate Considerations – Jamie Smith (Carr)
9:45 a.m.–10:00 a.m.
10:00 a.m.–11:45 a.m.
- 10:00–10:45 – Valuations, Accounting, Taxes, Basics of Practice Profitability – Robyn Murray (CLA)
- 10:45–11:15 – Private Practice Financing – Rachael Ranney (Bank Of America)
- 11:15–11:45 – Insurance Needs – Ted Dyste (Dyste Williams)
11:45 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
- Benefits of MDA, ADA and Local Dental Association Membership/Peer Review Process – Dr. Kim Harms (Pine Lake), Carmelo Cinqueonce (MDA)
12:00 p.m.–1:00 p.m.
1:00 p.m.–1:45 p.m.
- REGULATORY COMPLIANCE
- Legal and Regulatory Compliance (DEA, PMP, HIPAA, OSHA, IC, AwDA, 1557, etc.) – Carmelo Cinqueonce (MDA)
- Understanding the Current Healthcare Landscape (HMO, MCO, PMAP, PPO, MA etc.) – Carmelo Cinqueonce (MDA)
1:45 p.m.–2:00 p.m.
2:00 p.m.–4:30 p.m.
- PRACTICE MANAGEMENT
- 2:00–3:00 – Practice Management/Credentialing – Shannon Snell and Tracey Gutzmer (Dental Consulting Company)
- 3:00–3:45 – Financial Planning/Long Term Benefits of Practice Ownership – Marshall Gifford and Michelle Muthiani (Gifford Financial)
- 3:45–4:40 – Round Table Discussion-Human Resources, Employee Relationships/Employment Law, Ancillary Services Needed (IT and Software Needs, Waste Management, Debt Collection, Insurances, etc.), Equipment Needs, Payroll,
- Conflict Management – All speakers and Dental Practice Owners
- 4:40–4:55 – Words of Wisdom – Video of Mature Dentists Giving Advice to New Dentists
4:55 p.m.–5:00 p.m.
Registration includes: CE credits, access to all the webinars and resources of information to get you started on what you need to know about owning and running your own business.
“I learned information that I’ve never heard or read about before this program, each presenter had something that really was eye opening in the world of owning a practice.” – Maxwell Cory
“I’m not usually one to devote my entire Saturday to an academic conference like this, but I would 15/10 recommend it to any student mildly interested in dental entrepreneurship. It was so interesting and helpful, I feel so much more prepared and less intimidated about starting a dental practice in the future!” – Cheyenne Beckelman
“I wish I had this Boot Camp right out of dental school! I think everyone that is 1-2 years out of dental school needs to go to a Boot Camp like this!!! Greatly exceeded my expectations.” – Scott Schmidt