Total Compliance & Education is a series of continuing education programming, by the Minnesota Dental Association, to help members meet regulatory compliance.
MDA Total CE: Friday, October 4, 2019
The program will cover recordkeeping, opioid education, radiology, and patient communication.
7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Best Western Plus, Shoreview
Radiation Safety Officer Training
Sue McClanahan, RT (R), ARRT, REC Educational Coordinator
Linda Laman, RT (R) (M), CNMT, ARRT, REC Instructor/Program Development
- Radiation protection and safety definitions
- Registration and inspections
- Procedures for: monitoring, personnel protection, training staff, radiation manual, and location
- Other agencies and organizations (ADA, MN Dental Licensing Board Chapters, FDA, PCA, EPA) the topics that will be covered in detail during the lecture
Bridgett Anderson, LDA, MBA, Minnesota, Board of Dentistry Executive Director
- Oral health literacy
- Informed consent
- Breakdown of communication
- Case examples
- The patient experience
Opioid Education/Dentistry’s Role in Prescriber Behavior
Harold K. Tu, MD, DMD, University of Minnesota School of Dentistry Director of the Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Overview of the opioid epidemic
- The state of the opioid epidemic in Minnesota
- Discussion of dentistry’s role and prescriber behavior
- Overview of U of MN School of Dentistry pain management protocol
- Pain management outcome
- U of MN School of Dentistry’s data on changes in institutional prescriber behavior
*Please note: This opioid education course will not meet recently passed legislative requirements due to the timing. To meet the new requirements you will need to complete an opioid education course between January 1, 2020 and December 31, 2023.
Minnesota Administrative Rules on Record Keeping
Richard Nadeau, DDS, MPH, University of Minnesota School of Dentistry Interim Assistant Dean for Clinical Affairs & Director of the Division of Comprehensive Care
- Identify the essential components of the dental patient record
- Recognize the importance of a comprehensive examination
- Incorporating good radiographs
- Develop a well-written progress note
- Understand how to document informed consent
- Evaluate your current record keeping system
7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Member dentists and their staff: $75 per person
Non-member dentists and non-member dentist staff: $150 per person
4 Core and 3 Fundamental
Please note, all lectures must be attended to receive CE certificate.
Contact MDA Regulatory Affairs Manager Majda Hodzic at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Future Meeting Dates
Mark your calendars for February 14, 2020, and October 9, to join us for Total Compliance & Education 2020 at the Best Western in Shoreview.
Save the Dates!
Mark your calendars for February 14 and October 9, 2020, to join us for Total Compliance & Education at the Best Western in Shoreview.
MDA Meeting Cancellation Policy
Cancellations must be received 7 days prior to the event for a full refund.
No refunds will be given for cancellations within 7 days of the event.
The Minnesota Dental Association is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.